cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Free trial-Thingworx + Kepware

GP_9981148
6-Contributor

Free trial-Thingworx + Kepware

I downloaded free trial ThingWorx like 2 months ago and now I have downloaded the Kepwares free trial.

After do this I reload my PC and now I cannot acces any more to Thingworx, I've tried to reload the pc and the platform dozen times but doesn't work. Some idea?

Thanks so much community!

3 REPLIES 3
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:GP_9981148)

Hi @GP_9981148 

Are you running the ThingWorx trial on Windows?  What do you actually mean by "reload my PC"?  If you rebooted it, you need to make sure the ThingWorx service is running.  I haven't installed the trial version in a while, so I'm not sure what the service name is these days, so you'll have to look for it. 

Also you mentioned that you have been running ThingWorx for a couple of months.  Is it possible that the trial period has expired?  You can validate by checking the ApplicationLog.log located in ....\ThingworxStorage\logs.

Regards.

--Sharon

GP_9981148
6-Contributor
(To:slangley)

Hi @slangley thanks for your fast answer!

Exactly, I'm running the free trial on Windows, I checked several times that the service is running(startThingworx). But the problem is when the browser opens and it asks me for the credentials (Adminsitrator/ch@ngMe@F1rstL0gon) but they are not allowing me to access.

On the other hand I checked the ApplicationLog.log and this is what it says:applog.PNG

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:GP_9981148)

Hi @GP_9981148

From the log snippet you provided, I'm unable to tell if ThingWorx is actually starting.  You need to scroll down and search for "WebApp started."  If that isn't found, then you should have some errors indicating that ThingWorx shutdown and the reason for the shutdown.  It would be helpful for you to attach the log file.

If you find that ThingWorx is running but you're unable to login, be sure to validate that Administrator is being spelled correctly (it's misspelled in your last response here).

If the issue isn't a result of a misspelling, it's possible the password was changed during an import.  Have you imported any files that would have contained the Administrator credentials?  If the file is in .xml, check it to determine what the new password is.  If the file is in a binary format, you'll need to provide the details of the database you're running (possibly H2?) and I will provide some instructions for changing the password from the backend. 

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags