cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

'Friendly Name' field in Datashape in Thingworx 8.4.5

amittal-3
13-Aquamarine

'Friendly Name' field in Datashape in Thingworx 8.4.5

Hi,

I am using Thingworx 8.4.5, and I have came across a new attribute. While adding Fields in a datashape there is an attribute as 'Friendly Name'. I assume that was not there in previous thingworx version.

I would like to understand the meaning and usage of that.

Thanks in advance

Aditya Mittal

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

For example, you create a datashape with 3 columns: id, order, urgent. Urgent column is boolean type and means an order is urgent or not. You want to add a friendly name for "Urgent" column like "To be solved in 1 day" to add more clarity what urgent means. 

Another use would be to add a friendly name in other language than English, without translating all the page.

These are only some examples that come into my mind and I hope are relevant to your understanding.

Best regards,

Raluca Edu

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi,

Please see this article to understand how to use friendly names correctly:

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS310353

Best regards,

Raluca Edu

amittal-3
13-Aquamarine
(To:raluca_edu)

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, but using that article I am still not able to understand the concept of friendly names. If you can provide me some 'use case' on how, why and when to use this, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks again!

- Aditya

Hi,

For example, you create a datashape with 3 columns: id, order, urgent. Urgent column is boolean type and means an order is urgent or not. You want to add a friendly name for "Urgent" column like "To be solved in 1 day" to add more clarity what urgent means. 

Another use would be to add a friendly name in other language than English, without translating all the page.

These are only some examples that come into my mind and I hope are relevant to your understanding.

Best regards,

Raluca Edu

amittal-3
13-Aquamarine
(To:raluca_edu)

Thanks for the clarification!!!

Top Tags