cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Geocoding errors in Thingworx mashup using google maps widget

tcarroll
1-Newbie

Geocoding errors in Thingworx mashup using google maps widget

I am pulling in a .csv file with city names in the location field of the spread sheet. I also have a service running to turn those locations into points on the map. However, when I bring in the .csv file about 50% of the locations are actually in the wrong place.

For example:

My team and I are all located in Greensburg, PA on the spread sheet. When i upload the sheet into ThingWorx it places half of our team in Greensburg, PA and half of us in random locations around the world. It is very inconsistent and the locations seem to change every time I load the file in.

Does anyone have any insight into this problem or have ever ran into something similar?

1 REPLY 1
mgoel
17-Peridot
(To:tcarroll)

Hi Ty Carroll​,

Just wanted to follow up with you on the community thread as it seem to be related to either the data source in used or custom service been used to map data points.

It will be helpful if you can share the spreadsheet and use case to further debug the issue. I will reach out to you for more details directly.

Regards,

Mohit Goel

Top Tags