cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Get Service Category

DJ_9605282
4-Participant

Get Service Category

Hello,

for an administrative task, I need a service that returns the category of a service, or even a list of the categories of all the services of a thing in Thingworx 9.1 or 9.3. Does anyone have an idea how to make something like this happen?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rocko
17-Peridot
(To:DJ_9605282)

Service Categories are not exposed via API. The only way would be getting it directly from the database, but this is 1) incomplete, 2) unsafe and 3) not supported. Categories are only meant to support interactive development.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Rocko
17-Peridot
(To:DJ_9605282)

Service Categories are not exposed via API. The only way would be getting it directly from the database, but this is 1) incomplete, 2) unsafe and 3) not supported. Categories are only meant to support interactive development.

DJ_9605282
4-Participant
(To:Rocko)

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm reassured that it wasn't my fault that I didn't find anything.
Unfortunately, there is no such feature. It would avoid a lot of work and error on the part of the developers if you could set rights based on categories by means of a script.

Announcements

Top Tags