cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

GetImplementedThings service Not Found

spatel-21
1-Newbie

GetImplementedThings service Not Found

Hello,

I'm unable to find GetImplementedThings service in template services in composer.

Though it is visible when I browse services through url exposing ThingTemplates.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3 REPLIES 3
ankigupta
5-Regular Member
(To:spatel-21)

Siddharth Patel​, Nice Question!

As per my understanding this makes sense because via Rest API; we are actually checking the Service definition. In Thingworx composer when a Thing is created based on the Thing Template; we can run those services and GetImplementingThings Service doesn't apply to a Thing.

But this service is available while creating a new service and Mashups for use.

I hope it helps.

Thanks,

Ankit Gupta

Hi Ankit,

Thanks for reply.

I get your point that had those services been visible as part of Template, then they would get inherited by Thing , but Things should not be allowed to run GetImplementedThings service.

I agree with your point, though I don't agree with the approach. Just as those services can be made visible in mashup, it can be made available only in ThingTemplate (probably with the star mark of some kind - denoting that these properties won't get inherited ).

Thanks

Siddharth

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:spatel-21)

When you create a Service, it will also appear and be available.

Top Tags