cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Give RunTime Permission to all Entities of a Project

JulianaGuerra
11-Garnet

Give RunTime Permission to all Entities of a Project

Hello! 

I'm trying to give RunTime permission to a certain User Group for all the entities of a project, so I don't want to give to ALL the entities, just the specific ones from the project. I've tried using the AddCollectionRunTimePermission function but the permissions didn't change. Is there another way or function? 

Thank you so much in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You have to assign group to the menu on the menu definition tab

Unbenannt.JPG

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

you can use: Resources["EntityServices"].SetEntityPermission(params); . This takes projectName as an input, using this you can set run time permission on all of your entites which are associated with a particular project.

Hello! thank you so much for your suggestion. But unfortunately, the menu entities in the mashups still won't work, do I need to give runtime permission to some Resource entities or something like that? 

Do you mean menu were there tagged with the same project and they did not reflect the permission from the execution of SetEntityPermission service on that project name? You need to make sure that every entity in that mashup should have required permission. When you open the mashup you can press F12 and see for which particular permission it is failing. You can assign that permission to user manually or may be tag that entity with the same project name and assign it using the service again.

Let me know if above statement is not clear to you, i can attach some screenshot for how to identify which permission is failing form F12.

You have to assign group to the menu on the menu definition tab

Unbenannt.JPG

Hello @DmitryTsarev thank you for your suggestion, in fact, now is working, didn't know it was necessary given that I had already added Run Time to the group at the Permission Tab. 

@mnarang Thank you for your help as well! 

Top Tags