cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Google Maps Widget in Thingworx 8.3.4

jbester
13-Aquamarine

Google Maps Widget in Thingworx 8.3.4

Good day All,

I am having difficulties with getting the Google Maps widget to work in Thingworx 8.3.4. From the extension documentation I must use the Google Maps version 3.0.3 (for Thingworx versions 8.2.8+). A prerequisite for this it seems from the support documentation and the Google Maps guide on the developers portal (https://developer.thingworx.com/en/resources/guides/google-map-widget-how/configure-google-maps-widget-extension) is to add a "Required string to connect with Google for Google widgets" under the PlatformSubsystem. In Thingworx 8.4.0+ it seems to be available, but for version 8.3.4 there is no such property to add this String field and then the Google Maps extension does not work.

I tried then reverting back to the previous version of the Google Maps widget (3.0.1) and I added my API key to the metadata.xml file as previously done and described here (https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS188314&posno=1&q=google%20extension&DocumentType=Article&source=search) but I am still faced with an error message that says:

ERROR - Google maps connection String is not present
ERROR - Not able to instantiate google

Any ideas of how to get a working Google Maps widget in Thingworx 8.3.4?

Thanks,

Kind regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
posipova
20-Turquoise
(To:jbester)

This is a known issue, to be fixed in next patch release. For now you can use the other version of Google Maps and follow the applicable instructions.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
posipova
20-Turquoise
(To:jbester)

This is a known issue, to be fixed in next patch release. For now you can use the other version of Google Maps and follow the applicable instructions.
jbester
13-Aquamarine
(To:posipova)

Hi @posipova,

Thank you for your response. As in the second part of my post I did try reverting back to the old version but it is still not working and in the debug gives the error messages as mentioned above.

I did follow the instructions as far as I know and I have enabled it in previous versions of Thingworx. 

Do you know of dependencies that stays behind on the server after the newer version of the extension was uploaded and removed? I did do a system reboot but the problem persisted.

Do you know if there is a version of the GoogleMaps widget that actually works on Thingworx version 8.3.4?

Thanks for the assistance.

Top Tags