cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Google maps Widget isn't appearing on my mashup

Mattie555
5-Regular Member

Google maps Widget isn't appearing on my mashup

I'm using a company hosted demo server and I've created a mashup displaying data collected from a raspberry pi with a temperature and humidity sensor and GPS collector. I'm trying to use the google maps widget installed on the demo server however, it's not coming up in the widgets section. When I go in the manage section and then extensions, it is there however when I view any mashup with this widget in, I can't see it and an error comes up in the log saying 'google maps doesn't exist'. None of my other colleagues using the same server have this issue and don't know how to solve it. If anyone has any suggestions/solutions they would be much appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mattie555
5-Regular Member
(To:vangne)

You have to clear your browser history and remove all of the mashups in the 'recents' tab by pressing the X on the right of their names. (You don't have to delete them completely, just remove them from your recents tab.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Try closing completely out of your mashup that does not show the Google Maps Widget by closing it's tab at the top and closing it from the project menu on the left, Create a new mashup, name it and click Save, then click the Design tab. If you see the Google Maps widget in the list for your new Mashup, it will be available in the Widget list when you re-open your other Mashup

Mattie555
5-Regular Member
(To:Rick-Stanley)

I accepted the solution before fully testing it. STILL NOT SOLVED PLEASE HELP

Hi, the suggestion you made now enables me to add the google maps widget to my mashup but when I view the mashup the same error as before occurs: I can't see the widget and the log in the mashup says that google maps doesn't exist. Do you or anyone else have any more suggestions?

You must set a Google Maps developer key before the widget can serve maps. There is a guide with instructions for setting your key here:

https://developer.thingworx.com/en/resources/guides/google-map-widget-how

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:Mattie555)

Hi @Mattie555.

Please advise if you are still having issues.  We have an internal case opened for this but there may be workarounds until there is a permanent fix for it.

Regards.

--Sharon

Mattie555
5-Regular Member
(To:slangley)

Hi,

It's now resolved after clearing my browser cache, it started working.

@Mattie555 As this issue is resolved, please post it here and mark it as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others on the community. 

Thanks,

Vibhuti

Mattie555
5-Regular Member
(To:vangne)

You have to clear your browser history and remove all of the mashups in the 'recents' tab by pressing the X on the right of their names. (You don't have to delete them completely, just remove them from your recents tab.

Top Tags