cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Grid Sort on ThingWorx9.3+ has issues with multiple date fields

George_B
8-Gravel

Grid Sort on ThingWorx9.3+ has issues with multiple date fields

Looking for a solution. We have large grids with multiple date fields (formatted to short dates) If the sort is enabled for the multiple date columns it stops working. The sort works fine with any other column. It will usually work for the dirst date column but after the second date column is clicked for sorting none of the columns will sort until you refresh the page.  Is there a work around that will make this work as I prefer being able to sort the column with having to use the query filter that reloads the data. 

4 REPLIES 4
MCrutch
5-Regular Member
(To:George_B)

Hi @George_B.

I will need some additional information to assist you with this issue. 

Please provide:

1. the name of the grid that you are using.
  2. The build or patch level of the ThingWorx 9.3 version
    1. there are often changes between patch levels
  3. an export of the mashup and associated data source(s) including all of the entities involved.

Also please provide more information on how you want to format the date. If a recording of what you are seeing is possible that would also be great. 

Cheers 

MIke

1. It is a gridadvanced that was migrated from 9.0 to 9.3

2. The Build is ThingWorx 9.3.5-b1258.

3. Date formatted as ShortDate using column renderer

4.. I can not provide an export of data source here. 

5. When I click on the sort Icon for the second or third date column nothing happens, the icon does not register as ascending or descending. Columns before that work fine and after clicking then none of the columns no longer register clicks.

RBA Submitted and CRP submitted are both date columns and there are more date columns to the right.

George_B_0-1676037968021.png

MCrutch
5-Regular Member
(To:George_B)

@George_B 

The grid doesn't support nested sorting. I have provided a possible work around for you to consider that may provide you with a solution. 

Article - CS178988 - How to do dependent sorting on a Grid in ThingWorx (ptc.com)

Please let me know if this is an acceptable solution for your issue. 

Cheers

Mike

I am not referring to a nested sort. If there are multiple date columns with sort enabled, sorting doesn't work on the later column even if that is the only column being sorted. Before upgrading to 9.3 we used query filter search JSON you reference but it requires reloading the grid which is not desirable for large data sets.  It is what we have to revert to but what we are seeing is a bug when there are multiple date columns in the data set with sorting enabled. 

Top Tags