cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

HTTPS with ThingWorx mashups

bmarimuthu-2
1-Newbie

HTTPS with ThingWorx mashups

Is there will be any impact of using HTTPS with ThingWorx mashups/pages?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dupatel
19-Tanzanite
(To:bmarimuthu-2)

Bavithraa Marimuthu​: It is always good to use a secured protocol i.e. HTTPS for the security perspective. However, there will be some overhead and handshake during communication requests but should not be impacting the performance negatively.

You can refer blog for more details on improving performance  How to improve mashup loading performance

-Durgesh

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
dupatel
19-Tanzanite

Bavithraa Marimuthu​: It is always good to use a secured protocol i.e. HTTPS for the security perspective. However, there will be some overhead and handshake during communication requests but should not be impacting the performance negatively.

You can refer blog for more details on improving performance  How to improve mashup loading performance

-Durgesh

qngo
5-Regular Member

When I imported a SSL certificate (not a self-signed certificate) to generate a .keystore for tomcat (8.0.33), my remote device didn't recognize it and coudn't connect to the server (TWX 7.1.2, Ubuntu). The error is:

TW_VALIDATE_CERT: Certificate rejected.  Code: 20, Reason = unable to get local issuer certificate

twTlsClient_Connect: Error intializing TLS connection.  Invalid certificate

posipova
20-Turquoise
(To:qngo)

Is it an entrust ceritficate? Configuring Entrust certificates in WSEMS for SSL pinning.

(Please ensure you are using the right pem file)

qngo
5-Regular Member

It's not an Entrust certificate. For testing purpose, I use a Let's Encrypt certificate. And I don't use EMS but the C SDK. Can you tell me what I can do to configure the connection, something related to:

"certificates":    {

"validate":          true, //Not validated model is not recommended

"allow_self_signed":  false, //Self signed model is not recommended, yet theoretically better than non-validated

"cert_chain":      " " }

posipova
20-Turquoise

Top Tags