cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Highlighting Grid Row based on button pressed

Chao123
11-Garnet

Highlighting Grid Row based on button pressed

I have a grid and I need the selected row to be highlighted with the press of a button and then un-highlighted with the press of a button. Basically I need

1. When an un-acknowledged item is selected, make the “Acknowledge” button enabled.
  2. When the “Acknowledge” button is pressed mark the selected item as acknowledged (highlighted) and then refresh the grid view.
  3. When an acknowledged item is selected, make the “Un-Acknowledge” button enabled.
  4. When the “Un-Acknowledge” button is pressed mark the selected item as un-acknowledged and then refresh the grid view.

Below I have my mashup (snippet1) and my ack/unack service right below.

ack_unackservice.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:Chao123)

Hi @Chao123.

You could use the Validator function (used to be a widget but in the current releases is located in the lower right corner of the Mashup builder).  It can be used to evaluate the Ack field on your grid.  The Validator outputs a true or false depending on the logic in your script, which you can then bind to the Disable property for your button in order to set it appropriately.

Regards.

--Sharon

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:Chao123)

Hi @Chao123.

You could use the Validator function (used to be a widget but in the current releases is located in the lower right corner of the Mashup builder).  It can be used to evaluate the Ack field on your grid.  The Validator outputs a true or false depending on the logic in your script, which you can then bind to the Disable property for your button in order to set it appropriately.

Regards.

--Sharon

I created two services ack and unack. Ack will highlight grid row when pressed and changes the format of the rows and unack will un-highlight and change format back to original grid view. I used the updatedatatableentry snippet for both to help me achieve this. Thanks!

Top Tags