cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

How can I know if any row is been added to my stream? I want to trigger an event on stream entry.

RajatBain
9-Granite

How can I know if any row is been added to my stream? I want to trigger an event on stream entry.

Hi,

I am having a stream (not a value stream) where data is coming from different things or sources. I want to know or I want to trigger an event when data are getting inserted into my stream means when the number of row is incrementing by 1. Is there any way to create a custom event to trigger this event? Or any other way to know the changes in my stream table?

Thanks,

Rajat

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:RajatBain)

Due to the asynchronous nature of Streams you don't have an event you can trigger off unfortunately (unlike datatables which does have events)

You will have to use a different method or approach if you need this, either capture ahead of time someone is entering, or check the stream based on a schedule or other event.

Remember that checking the stream upon entry may not work as it is an asynchronous process.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

Due to the asynchronous nature of Streams you don't have an event you can trigger off unfortunately (unlike datatables which does have events)

You will have to use a different method or approach if you need this, either capture ahead of time someone is entering, or check the stream based on a schedule or other event.

Remember that checking the stream upon entry may not work as it is an asynchronous process.

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @RajatBain

If you feel your question has been answered, please mark the previous response as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags