cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

How can we have "Allow Override" in ThingWorx 9 for Properties? I am aware about that in services.

twxadmin
8-Gravel

How can we have "Allow Override" in ThingWorx 9 for Properties? I am aware about that in services.

I do noticed that 'Override' checkbox is auto checked in properties that are bound on Things. Screenshot below.

twxadmin_0-1671903169536.png

I want to allow Property defined in Thing shape to be overridden in Things.(Similar to what we do for services by checking "Allow Override")

Usecase - Property 'ShiftName' defined in Thing shape in NOT 'Read Only' but for few specific things using this thing shape I want to make it 'Read Only'.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:twxadmin)

Hi @twxadmin.

Per the case, for your particular scenario, you can use thing level permissions to set the read-only access for specific properties inherited via thing shape.  There isn't another way to override this parameter.

The override parameter showing for inherited properties is applicable for overriding the property bindings only.

If there is any additional information you would like to add here, please feel free to do so.

Regards.

--Sharon

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @twxadmin.

Can you provide more details?  What are you binding to?

What is the full version of ThingWorx you're running.

Regards.

--Sharon

Hi Sharon,

Thingworx version is 9.1.5.

Things are bound with remote bindings with Kepware tags and local binding with other things as well.

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:slangley)

Hi @twxadmin.

ThingWorx 9.1 is no longer supported, but while checking this under 9.3.5 we're seeing the override.  We can't say for sure that it was available in 9.1, but you can check to make sure there isn't a permissions issue by testing it under Administrator, and also confirm that you are in edit mode.

Are you seeing the same behavior for both local and remote bindings?

Regards.

--Sharon

Hi Sharon,

Yes, I am using Administrator user and using edit mode. 

I am seeing same behavior for both local and remote bindings.

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @twxadmin.

We recommend opening a case for this so that one of our engineers can check to see what is going on within your environment.  I'll be happy to open the case on your behalf with your approval.

Regards.

--Sharon

Sure, Thank you. That will help.

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @twxadmin.

Per the case, for your particular scenario, you can use thing level permissions to set the read-only access for specific properties inherited via thing shape.  There isn't another way to override this parameter.

The override parameter showing for inherited properties is applicable for overriding the property bindings only.

If there is any additional information you would like to add here, please feel free to do so.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags