1. I want to add a checkbox into the grid to select multiple rows from the grid to pass this data to the service which has one info table input parameter.
How can I do that?
2. Also, I want to add a link to the grid column, so that when I click on a particular row link it will open a popup or replace the window of another mashup using this row id.
I am using the Thingworx 9.0 version, Please suggest me.
This is very much possible in ThingWorx!
1. In order to allow for multi-selection of rows on an Advanced Grid, you must change the RowSelection property of the grid to Multiple. In run time, you can select all the rows you wish by holding down the Ctrl key on your keyboard. Then, you can bind the SelectedRows infotable property of the grid as service input.
2. You can add a property to the Thing Template with a Link value type. Once the grid is populated, you will see a hyperlink mapping to the location you have specified in each link corresponding to each row. This could be a web address (http/https) or a location in your ThingWorx repository.
I hope you find this information helpful in developing ThingWorx solutions!
You can achieve this by following the steps below:
Regarding the Link to each row, you can add a Field Definition of type hyperlink to the Data Shape, which will show as a link during run time in the grid widget, and will be clickable, row by row.
I hope you find this information helpful.
1. The checkbox is now working using advance grid but not working on a simple grid widget
2. I followed your step about the link it is not showing on the grid, I have taken a hyperlink link field in the data shape but it is not showing on the advance grid as well as a simple grid.
I want to add a link in every row, when I click on a particular row link it will open a popup mashup with using row id.
The links have to be on the database for this to work. So whenever you pull the data from the database, the links will come along and you will be able to use them through the grid. For example, a column in the database named Link will contain the hyperlink for each row.
But when I click on the link I want to open as a popup with his id so that I can display all information related to id on the popup.
I have tried with the collection but I have more number of the row which is not possible to load in collection it will take to much time.
So that's why I am planning to use a two-column link in one grid which is shown in the below image
I want to add all this data into one grid which presents two links i.e EDIT and VIEW, when I click on edit it will show a popup with his member id same goes with the view link.
How can it possible in the thingworx grid.
Please suggest me the way.
I understand the use case now. I would suggest using another mashup to edit/display the information about specific row. You can achieve this by using Navigation functions. You can create one mashup for viewing data and another one (with text boxes) for editing data. However, in this case, the edit/view button will not be in the grid, they will be outside of the grid and activated whenever you select a row in the grid.
In summary, you will need to follow these steps:
Attached below is an example of the bindings that need to be done:
Here is the view for creating a new Navigation function, selecting the Target Mashup, and window type: