cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

How to associate  Mashup to a duplicated template/ thing

rajgs
1-Newbie

How to associate  Mashup to a duplicated template/ thing

Hi,

I have created Template A,  Thing A, Mashup A.

Then Duplicated Template A ( to Template B), created Thing B and connected it to Template B.

Now i want to duplicate Mashup A referring to Thing B.

Please let me know if there is any way to do the same.

Thanks & Regards,

Raj

3 REPLIES 3
adam11
5-Regular Member
(To:rajgs)

Hi Raj,

Unfortunately, this is not currently supported. I'm curious – what is your use case?

Regards,

Adam

ajaysingh
3-Visitor

Hi,

This functionality is not established yet. You may need to import your Thing B in Mashup A and change the bindings manually.

But there is an other way around to accomplish this:

1) Export Mashup A in XML format by using Import/Export -> Export To File​.

2) Replace references of Thing A with Thing B in the XML file.

3) Import the XML file, post which you will be able to see the mashup A using duplicated Thing B instead of Thing A.

Regards,

Ajay Singh

aseaton
7-Bedrock

Hi Raj,

I think what you need to do is create your mashup as a 'Thing Template' mashup - the mashup will then be created with an 'Entity' parameter pre-designed.

You can then use this 'Entity' parameter wherever it is required within your mashup - configure the bindings of any widgets / services you want to use with the 'Entity' parameter.

You then have the ability to switch between the 'Entity' parameter value, which in your case will be Thing A, Thing B and so on.

Once you have selected a value for the 'Entity' parameter the mashup will be representative of the thing you have chosen - for example, your Thing B.

Does this help?

Andy

Top Tags