cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

How to bind infotable result from sql query to dropdown widget in mashup

G_U
11-Garnet
11-Garnet

How to bind infotable result from sql query to dropdown widget in mashup

Hello Experts,

I am trying to get data from Postgress DB and map this generated infotable result to dropdown widget in mashup, but after mapping i could not able to see anything for selection in Value field, display field.

Temporary i am binding separately created datashape to dropdown widget, which works, but further i want to update another dropdown depending on selection of first dropdown.

Please support.

5 REPLIES 5
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:G_U)

Did you associate a datashape with your output result of basetype infotable of the service?

You will need that if you don't.

the nice thing is that you can click the 'create datashape from result' to create it but then you still have to associate it in the service.

G_U
11-Garnet
11-Garnet
(To:PaiChung)

Thank You for quick response.

Yes, I have associated datashape with result. But still i am not able to see fields in dropdown.

I have tried both way.

1. Create datashape first and then associate in service to infotable.

2. Create service then select output as infotable and associate (By creating new option) datashape from there only.

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

When you look at your service in the mashup builder and expand alldata or selectedrow(s) do you see all the field names (columns)?

You may have to remove the service and re-add the service if you had it initially mapped to the mashup without a datashape and added it afterwards

G_U
11-Garnet
11-Garnet
(To:PaiChung)

Question: When you look at your service in the mashup builder and expand alldata or selectedrow(s) do you see all the field names (columns)?

Answer: No, I dont see any field name.

As per your suggestion i have tried the same and also tried to create new service with new datashape, but still facing same issue.

G_U_1-1648739132077.png

PEHOWE
16-Pearl

@G_U,

Can you please provide the version of ThingWorx which is being used? There was an issue with ThingWorx 9.0.0 and 9.1.1. 

It was fixed in a maintenance release 9.0.8 and 9.1.3

There is also an Article - CS366692 - ThingWorx ability to bind to individual "values" is no longer working

Regards,

Peter

Top Tags