cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

How to cleanup the server ?

cbaurand
11-Garnet

How to cleanup the server ?

Hi,

From an administrative point of view, i want to be able to reset my server to its initial state, i.e., i want to delete all things, mashups, thingTemplate, ThingShape etc ..

I did a service which returns all of my entities and call from a script "http DELETE" on all returned entities.

The problem i'm facing to is i have some dependencies between things. I tried to sort the list but  there are circular dependencies and it doesn't work.

Does anyone have an idea to achieve this ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:slangley)

Hi @cbaurand.

Per the case information, you were not looking to have the PTC Cloud team to reinitialize your ThingWorx instance, but were asking for an automated way to do so via the Composer.

As stated in the case, there is no mechanism within ThingWorx to provide this functionality.  If you would like to pursue this request, please post it on the ThingWorx Ideas forum for consideration in a future release.

If you agree with the information I have stated here, please mark this post as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Thank you for your participation in our community!

Regards.

--Sharon

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:cbaurand)

Initially the Thingworx installer came with an SQL script to reset everything.

One other way would be to create a snapshot/backup of the Persistence Provider and restore that.

On the Thingworx server side, you'd just need to clear the logs and File Repositories, perhaps also the extensions folder - Again this could be a snapshot as well.

Unfortunately we won't be able to run the script ourselves because the environments are hosted by Cloud...
slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @cbaurand.

If you're saying that PTC Cloud is hosting your environments, I will be happy to open a case to be assigned to the Cloud team for initializing your implementations.

Regards.

--Sharon

Yes it's what i said. So thanks to open a case.

Cyril.

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @cbaurand.

I have created the case and assigned it to the Cloud team.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @cbaurand.

Per the case information, you were not looking to have the PTC Cloud team to reinitialize your ThingWorx instance, but were asking for an automated way to do so via the Composer.

As stated in the case, there is no mechanism within ThingWorx to provide this functionality.  If you would like to pursue this request, please post it on the ThingWorx Ideas forum for consideration in a future release.

If you agree with the information I have stated here, please mark this post as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Thank you for your participation in our community!

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @cbaurand.

If the previous response answered your question, please mark it as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others on the community.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags