cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

How to copy files from EMS to TWX repo

sabharees
13-Aquamarine

How to copy files from EMS to TWX repo

I connected ems to twx and followed ems connectivity steps from connect EMS to Thingworx tutorial 

I am able to see the list of files from ems.

I tried copying, moving files from ems to twx repo but not able to complete the process.

Getting error in twx composer : Error executing service readFiles. Message :: Wrapped com.thingworx.common.exceptions.GenericHTTPException - See Script Error Log for more details.

Getting error in ems: FileTransferService::execute: EdgeThing MoveFile unsuccessful. Return code : 0xA0

sabhz_0-1627537517387.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:sabharees)

The mashup basically just helps with the visual and the 'paths' but you can do that with services as well, again use the 'FileTransfer Subsystem' services to do it.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

It's been a very long time since I've done this, but that looks like you are copying a file from one folder to another from the perspective of the EdgeThing vs. moving it from the EMS repository to your platform FileRepository.

I recommend you create a mashup with on the one side your Edge and the other side your Repository and use the 'FileTransfer Subsystem' services to copy/move the file.

sabharees
13-Aquamarine
(To:PaiChung)

Thanks Pai for the replies,

But, I would like to proceed via services without having any mashups is that is possible or any workaround will able to allow me to perform this activity ?

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

The mashup basically just helps with the visual and the 'paths' but you can do that with services as well, again use the 'FileTransfer Subsystem' services to do it.

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @sabharees.

If either of the previous responses helped you to find a solution, please mark the appropriate one as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags