cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

How to delete tag from datatable entry

aelgov
1-Newbie

How to delete tag from datatable entry

Hi,

I've tried many options in order to delete the tag value in one of the data tables I have.

Is it correct it is not possible to do so on TWX version below 7.4.0

I've found this article: https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS259981

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

No you are right, you can't OOTB export/import csv files, but there's an extension on the marketplace to do it.

This is a bug, and as it's mentioned on the article it's corrected on 7.4 and above.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

I've opened the case which caused the upper document, as you had found it's not possible to left empty the tag value once it's set below 7.4.0.

What we use as a workaround it's to set a fake null tag, something like: "MyTagDictionary:Null"

Best Regards,

Carles.

I will try to better describe the issue I ran into.

I have data table in TWX 6.6.11

This data table has about 100 entries.

Part of them has tag value and part not.

The tags doesn't exist in the application anymore.

Why do I care?

I tried to export the data of the data table and import to another server (Same version) and it caused error saying the tag doesn't exist.

So the safest thing to do is to delete the tags, now I'm not sure what exactly the problem.

Is it not possible to add\update entry without specifying tag as you said - if so, how do I have almost all the entries without tags at all?

When you create the entry ( new entry ) you can create it without tags, but once it has one tag you can't remove it.

If you want to import on the new system, you can temporally create the Dictionary/Tag on the new system this way it will allow you to import the data.

If you want to get 100% ride of the not desired tags on the new system ( and it's on 7.4 or above ) you may export the datatable in a csv format and import it again without the tags.

Thanks Carles,

This is actually what I did - created the dictionary and value, since I didn't have much time to wait.

But still I wish to better understand how is it suppose to behave so I can learn for the next time.

As far as I know Data cannot be exported out of the box as CSV only entities.

No you are right, you can't OOTB export/import csv files, but there's an extension on the marketplace to do it.

This is a bug, and as it's mentioned on the article it's corrected on 7.4 and above.

Got it, thank you

Top Tags