cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

How to display selected data field of Datatable in Thingworx 8.5

newieKek
13-Aquamarine

How to display selected data field of Datatable in Thingworx 8.5

Hi All,

Can anyone advise any get around on the following.... in the Thingworx before 8.3/8.4. I am able to use Property display widget with Configure Widget function to select the field which i like to display and reorder in a table format in the mashup.

However, in Thingworx 8.5.4, the configure widget function is not available in the Property display widget, i am not able to select the field to display and in version 8.5.4. In addition, the Property value is hidden, and we need to click to pop up another window to see the value.

My mashup is intended as a report to show the value in a table.

Anyway i can get around, to select the data and reorder it? Did i used the wrong widget. Any guidance?

Thank you in advance!

Best regards

Newbie Kek

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cmorfin
19-Tanzanite
(To:newieKek)

Thank you @newieKek  for those details.

I do understand better now.

You are right the Property Display widget does not allow this as yet.

As a workaround , as you have seen, you can use the Legacy Property Widget or possibly the Grid/Advanced Grid ones.

I have reported this to R&D , though that is likely to be considered an enhancement request: https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS324951

Thanks

Christophe

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
cmorfin
19-Tanzanite

@newieKek 

Are you able to upload the entities you are using here or some screenshots ?

I am not sure to understand what widget exactly you are using.

I had a quick look at the legacy Grid widget or the advanced grid widget but both do allow to show or hide column in 8.5 - so I may not look at the right place.

Thanks

Christophe

newieKek
13-Aquamarine
(To:cmorfin)

Hello Christophe, 

the following is the data to display in the mashup, using the legacy property display

newieKek_1-1589363966964.png

Select field to display and reorder with configure widget

newieKek_2-1589364165763.png

If using the new  property display in  version 8.5.4, configure widget is not available.

I am also not sure it i had configure it correctly, but i am definitely not able to re-order and select data to display.

newieKek_3-1589364322672.png

I will try out the advance grid. 

Thank you

NewbieKek

cmorfin
19-Tanzanite

Thank you @newieKek  for those details.

I do understand better now.

You are right the Property Display widget does not allow this as yet.

As a workaround , as you have seen, you can use the Legacy Property Widget or possibly the Grid/Advanced Grid ones.

I have reported this to R&D , though that is likely to be considered an enhancement request: https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS324951

Thanks

Christophe

Top Tags