I am trying to enable local bounding with thingshape's property which is implemented on thing. How to enable local bounding with own thing property?
Ex. Created a thing "TestThing" with "ThingProperty" and Implemented "TestThingShape" with "ThingShapeProperty". Trying to enable local bound "ThingShapeProperty" with "ThingProperty". It was binded with "ThingProperty" but data was not updated.
Thanks & Regards,
What version of ThingWorx are you using? There are no errors thrown in either the UI or the logs when you try this?
-- Craig A.
yes, even i am getting the same error when i tried same scenario at my local end.
error : Cannot Bind To Yourself
i think thingshape becomes values when it is implemented by some thing -- thingshape being alone doesn't make sense
so in our case when our thing implements that thingshape -- properties defined in both thing & thingshape are both confined to same thing entity.. thats why it gives the error : Cannot Bind To Yourself
but if you create another thing and bound the properties between these 2 things - bind happens
I want bind thing property to thingshape property. here thingshape attached with source thing which is having a thingshape.
Thanks & Regards,
perform these steps - this is working at my end
after mapping -- value is getting passed from thingshape property to testthing property but vice versa not happening but this time with below configurations it is not showing any error as well( i believe in backend it works)
1. create thingshape named as testthingshape with thingshapeproperty
2. create a thing named as testthing with genericthing as thingtemplate and testthingshape as thingshape
3. create a testthingprop in testthing
4. map the bindings on testthing - go to manage bindings- select testthing as thing --- drag the testthingprop to right side thingshapeproperty
5. now pass the value to thingshapeproperty from testthing using set value option
6. same text will be visible to testthingprop