cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

How to enter the value in list/dropdown manually at runtime and also pass entered value to service?

Sheetal_sable
12-Amethyst

How to enter the value in list/dropdown manually at runtime and also pass entered value to service?

hi,

My requirement is..for eg. I want to display a list of years from 2017-2030, so for this i have written as service and bind it to list widget. so i will get a list of years in dropdown/combobox. But what if a user wants a year 2016  data, but the year not present in list. I want a option in dropdown/combobox to enter the year manually also. so that i get the data of that year too.

Is there any way of doing it?

Thanks, 

Sheetal

3 REPLIES 3

Current OOTB widgets don't have that.

You can do a create your list, and then append an entry, "Enter new" which then provides a Text Box or Numeric Entry for the user. This does mean your initial values have to be String.

Or otherwise it would be a custom widget creation as an extension.

Hi @PaiChung  ,

Thanks for reply. 

You said,  create your list, and then append !!.. Please tell me the steps.

Or can create a custom widget extension.   I have not tried custom widget before. How can i do that?

Thanks

sheetal

When you retrieve the choices you'll have an infotable with rows.

You can then create a new 'row object' using the infotable services, add your information and do an 'addRow'

I'm not knowledgeable on extensions unfortunately. 

Top Tags