cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

How to export all entity created in a Project

LY_10691079
11-Garnet

How to export all entity created in a Project

Hi All,

I have created a Project and in that I am creating another entities (Thing ,DataShape etc.) which is required  for our project

So If I export that Project will all  entities  that are associated with that Project will be exported ?

and also If after Export done and   import the exported project in another server those entities will work fine?

Regards,

Lav

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You can select export all entities, by project name, that will export all the entities in the project. Can import the same to any other server as well. If you don't want to see the individual xml files, go for .twx format, it would be easier.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

You can select export all entities, by project name, that will export all the entities in the project. Can import the same to any other server as well. If you don't want to see the individual xml files, go for .twx format, it would be easier.

I would always advise for the xml format, just because it's easier to change something in the case you really want to.

twx format was created some time ago just to have freedom from the xml format (in case we decided not to export as xml, which we did not do yet).

Announcements

Top Tags