cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

How to get ThingWorx Remote Thing Property Change History details for past 3 years

Sid_Del
4-Participant

How to get ThingWorx Remote Thing Property Change History details for past 3 years

How can I get Thingworx Remote Thing Property Change History details :

From Thingworx Composer---> Remote Thing ---> Change History Tab/Page I am able to view last few days entry only but I need to check past 3 years data what all new properties were added and which user added those properties. Attaching you screenshot of Change History Tab which I am refering.

Any help would be grateful.

Regards,

Sid

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:Sid_Del)

By default the log settings have a roll over and retain 7 days and then purge, this is so that the system won't run out of space.

If you want to retain those logs longer, I recommend you create some archiving method for the logs, I don't recommend extending the retention to be 3 years, because you will impact the system and run out of space, that also means you will need some separate file storage and a different way to read through the content.

If you are already at this time looking for info from 3 years ago, that unfortunately most likely doesn't exist anymore.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

By default the log settings have a roll over and retain 7 days and then purge, this is so that the system won't run out of space.

If you want to retain those logs longer, I recommend you create some archiving method for the logs, I don't recommend extending the retention to be 3 years, because you will impact the system and run out of space, that also means you will need some separate file storage and a different way to read through the content.

If you are already at this time looking for info from 3 years ago, that unfortunately most likely doesn't exist anymore.

Sid_Del
4-Participant
(To:PaiChung)

Hi Pai,

Thanks for sharing default storage time of change history. Unfortunately, my case was different where we need to troubleshoot who created those parameters 3 years back and we don't have any information on that.

Regards,

Sid

nmutter
14-Alexandrite

Call service GetConfigurationChangeHistory on the thing manually and show it in a mashup or whatever. The Composer does not show all results of the service.

Hopefully it helps!

Hello Sid,

Just to add to @nmutter's reply, for a wider range of configuration changes (including entity deletion, for example) consider configuring Audit Subsystem. It will even handle long-term archiving for you.

/ Constantine

Top Tags