cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

How to get kepware timezone in Thingworx

Yedukrishnan
13-Aquamarine

How to get kepware timezone in Thingworx

My scenario is that my kepserver is in local timezone and Thingworx instance is in UTC timezone. How can I get the difference between the timezone in Thingworx so that I can convert the date time in machine timezone itself.

With regards

Yedukrishnan U

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Yedukrishnan
13-Aquamarine
(To:slangley)

HI @slangley ,

We were able to retrieve local timezone of kepware through system tags which will not change based on Thingworx server timezone. We started logging those data and able to capture local timezone. 

With regards

Yedukrishnan

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:Yedukrishnan)

Hi @Yedukrishnan.

In discussing this with the Kepware support team, I was advised that the timestamp in all interfaces is sent from Kepware as UTC.  If the ThingWorx instance is already in UTC, not sure what problem you're running into.  Can you provide an example of what you're seeing?

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @Yedukrishnan.

If you still have questions on this, please let us know.  Otherwise, it the previous response answered your question, please mark it as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others on the community.

Regards.

--Sharon

Yedukrishnan
13-Aquamarine

HI @slangley ,

We were able to retrieve local timezone of kepware through system tags which will not change based on Thingworx server timezone. We started logging those data and able to capture local timezone. 

With regards

Yedukrishnan

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:Yedukrishnan)

Hi @Yedukrishnan.

That's good to hear.  For the benefit of others on the community, please mark the appropriate response as the Accepted Solution.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags