cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

How to increase Remote Service Time out

Velkumar
18-Opal

How to increase Remote Service Time out

Hi,

I'm trying to execute remote service via Federation subsytem. When I try to execute service I'm getting timeout error 

Error executing service ServiceName. Message :: Timed out APIRequestMessage [requestId: 28, endpointId: -1, sessionId: -1, method: POST, entityName: *THING@HOST, characteristic: Services, target: TargetServiceName] - See Script Error Log for more details.

I have modified script timeout value as 300 seconds in platform-settings.json file. Still I'm facing timeout issue.

Could any one help me to solve this issue.

Thanks in advance. 

/VR

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

Can you try to increase the "Amount of time a request will wait for the response message before timing out (secs)" on the WSCommunicationsSubsystem  (on the instance that is calling the service).

WSCommunicationsSubsystem > Configuration > WebSocket Communication Settings > Amount of time a request will wait for the response message before timing out (secs)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hello,

Can you try to increase the "Amount of time a request will wait for the response message before timing out (secs)" on the WSCommunicationsSubsystem  (on the instance that is calling the service).

WSCommunicationsSubsystem > Configuration > WebSocket Communication Settings > Amount of time a request will wait for the response message before timing out (secs)

Thanks a lot. It works fine after modifying configuration.

/VR

Top Tags