cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

How to know exact cause of failing import

EM_9923519
12-Amethyst

How to know exact cause of failing import

I added some thing templates and their corresponding thing shapes to a certain project, I exported this to create a file of entities, Then I am trying to import these entities but I am getting this message

Import failed. Check the log for error details.

If I navigate to LOGS section

I don't find any error related to this import failing error

I searched on Application, Communication, Configuration and Script Logs but didn't find anything. I even filtered the search including "import" keyword.

How can I know the exact cause of the error?

3 REPLIES 3
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:EM_9923519)

There should be something in the application log, maybe just set the filter to the desired time frame only and don't use the text filter?

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @EM_9923519

Since you're using the Composer for viewing the logs, be sure there are no filters that are preventing some log entries from showing.  Also check the date/time range.

If you have access to the file system, it's easier to view the logs via a text editor.  The logs can be found at ...\ThingworxStorage\logs.  It may also be helpful to turn up the logging level in Composer to capture more information.  You can do this from Composer on the screen for each type of log.  Just click the Configure Log button.  Remember to change it back later.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @EM_9923519

If the previous responses helped you to find a solution, please mark the appropriate one as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same issue.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags