cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

How to log all data periodically?

eyli
12-Amethyst

How to log all data periodically?

I found the thing property is logged to influxDB only when its value is changed. I'd like to let it be logged periodically. How can I do this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
eyli
12-Amethyst
(To:eyli)

Finally I decided to make very small changes to the values so that they can be saved.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

Why do you need to log it periodically?

If you needed to you could add extra points of the same value just by using 'math'

We recommend using DataChange so that there is minimal strain on the system.

eyli
12-Amethyst
(To:PaiChung)

The reason is there are not values in a period when I used QueryPropertyHistory to get data and put them on the time series chart since value didn't change in that period.

eyli
12-Amethyst

Just found the service UpdatePropertyValues can be used to write data to database on demand.

eyli
12-Amethyst

Finally I decided to make very small changes to the values so that they can be saved.

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

If you control the update rate on the device, you can also set DataChange to 'Always' which means that anytime a data point is pushed it is recorded into the valuestream regardless of value.

It is important to make sure you aren't sending too many updates per second is all.

eyli
12-Amethyst
(To:PaiChung)

Thanks very much for help. I will do test.

Top Tags