cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

How to pass Collection(Edm.String) parameters to oData SaveUserTask POST API from ThingWorx?

Prem-IKEA
12-Amethyst

How to pass Collection(Edm.String) parameters to oData SaveUserTask POST API from ThingWorx?

Hi,

We are trying to call a post method oData API with different set of params. I have attached a picture which has parameters and error thrown by API. Please assist, how to pass collection(edm.string) to oData API.

6 REPLIES 6

Hi,

Unfortunately, there is no reference of  SaveUserTask service in ThingWorx documentation, but I recommend to try to set parameter only to : "we agree to this request"

Hope it helps,

Raluca Edu

Hi,

Sorry, my mistake. SaveWorkItem is the reference in (Windchill REST Services)WRS 1.5 documentation at page no 152.

Please check and assist. thanks!

SaveWorkitem
The SaveWorkitem action saves the specified task. The action is bound to the
Workitem entity.
You must provide the following mandatory parameters as input to the action in the
request body:
{
"UserEventList":[<routing_options >],
"WorkitemComment":"<comment_for_the_workitem>",
"VoteAction":"<Vote_option_selected_by_the_participant>",
"AutomateFastTrack":<option_to_specify_if_change_notice_should_be_
explicitly_created, valid values true or false>,
"Variables":[<workflow_activity_variables>]
}

Even if we pass We Agree to the Request still issus exists. please refer the attachment

Hi,

Thanks for info.

Question: the same service is running from Postman?

Please check Application.log/Error.log and Tomcat logs, it is useful to see a stacktrace of the error. (Enable Strack tracing and Enable Script Stack Tracing should be checked in LoggingSubsystem)

Thanks,

Raluca Edu

Hi,

Appreciate your assistance.

Yes, it is working from postman and enclosed the attachment.

I have enabled the stack trace in logging subsystem and still shows the same message.

[context: com.thingworx.webservices.context.HttpExecutionContext@7b122fc6][message: Unable to Invoke Service SaveWorkitem on PSM_WindchillODataConnector_V1 : Your route exchange has failed. Resource Error [Illegal argument for type: Collection(Edm.String) value: We Agree to this request]]

Hi,

A case was open for this kind of error and a dedicated engineer is looking into the issue.

Please follow that case.

Thank you,

Raluca Edu 

Top Tags