cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

How to share my Mashup runtime?

einsfele
13-Aquamarine

How to share my Mashup runtime?

Hi everyone,

I am beginner with Thingworx.

I am using:

Thingworx free trial local 90 days.

I have created a mashup and I would like to share the runtime with another coworkers. They are in another network.

I was using once the Thingworx Free Cloud 30 days and when I cliked on button "view mashup" it gerated a link that I was able to share with another people to access it.

How do I do it to local version?

Regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:einsfele)

Hi @einsfele.

You won't be able to access the mashup from your phone using localhost in the url.  If your phone is on the same network, you should be able to access it using the hostname assuming the relevant port is exposed.  It may be necessary to set up a firewall rule to allow access.

Regards.

--Sharon

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hello @einsfele,

I don't believe that ThingWorx provides any solution for that, so your question is more generic and not specific to ThingWorx -- "how do I make my local web server accessible over the Internet?" There are many ways to address this issue, described in many articles, for example in this one.

Regards,
Constantine

einsfele
13-Aquamarine
(To:Constantine)

Hi @Constantine 

For example:

I have this mashup:

einsfele_0-1588269998578.png

I wanna see it in my smartphone but in the URL there is "localhost".

Can I see it in my smartphone or other device?

Yes, as soon as your phone is on the same network with your server or your server has a public IP address.
slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @einsfele.

You won't be able to access the mashup from your phone using localhost in the url.  If your phone is on the same network, you should be able to access it using the hostname assuming the relevant port is exposed.  It may be necessary to set up a firewall rule to allow access.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @einsfele.

If one of the previous responses answered your question, please mark the appropriate one as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags