cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

How to transfer Thingworx license to another hardware?

domjeff
3-Visitor

How to transfer Thingworx license to another hardware?

We would like to transfer ThingWorx 8.4 license from one hardware to another hardware, is it possible? And if it is then how do we do that? I have tried to search for it but it is the closest that I could get:

https://community.ptc.com/t5/ThingWorx-Developers/Thingworx-8-2-deactivation-and-licence-transfer/td-p/518629

It looks like we need to deactivate it first but I don't get the full step from deactivation, transfer, and activation back. Can someone help?

4 REPLIES 4

The license is applied with Device ID , so it does not support transfer from different hardware environment. If you have valid license permission, why not apply a new one directly?  The new license is also included in your commercial agreement without extra cost.

domjeff
3-Visitor
(To:domjeff)

Thanks for the answer. It is for my customer so I have no access to their license management. The only thing I can do is to give the advice. Can we do it by our self or we need to contact PTC team for this?

You can tell your client to apply for new license directly, if they meet problem in the process, a TS case is welcomed.
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:domjeff)

Hi @domjeff 

You will need to reach out to your PTC Partner rep for navigating this process.  There are various options available depending on your partnership agreement.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags