cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Hyperlinking areas of an image

kdonald
1-Newbie

Hyperlinking areas of an image

I have a requirement to use ThingWorx to display the location of sensors on a 2D building map image. When the user clicks on a specific sensor point, a new mashup shall open to display properties relating to that particular sensor. I believe the only way to achieve this is to individually position navigation links over top of the building image.

This does work fine, however, we have many sensors positioned across multiple building sites, and it becomes very tedious using the drag and drop methodology. I would like to know if there is a way to programmatically define the location, size and bindings for each navigation link.

Here is a basic example of the functionality that I would like: Tryit Editor v3.0

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Aanjan
9-Granite
(To:kdonald)

Donald, that unfortunately can't be done programmatically, as we are essentially designing it in the build phase. You can use some of the building tools we have like 'Make same height/ width' or 'Even vertical/ horizontal spacing'. If the links are of same size, would it make sense for you to copy one, and keep pasting on the container, so that you can just move them around? Bindings would have to be done manually though.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Aanjan
9-Granite
(To:kdonald)

Donald, that unfortunately can't be done programmatically, as we are essentially designing it in the build phase. You can use some of the building tools we have like 'Make same height/ width' or 'Even vertical/ horizontal spacing'. If the links are of same size, would it make sense for you to copy one, and keep pasting on the container, so that you can just move them around? Bindings would have to be done manually though.

kdonald
1-Newbie
(To:Aanjan)

OK, thank you

Top Tags