cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

I am having trouble with ThingWorx 9.0.1 Extensions

evanfebrianto
7-Bedrock

I am having trouble with ThingWorx 9.0.1 Extensions

I am having trouble with ThingWorx Extensions. If I import ThingWorx Extensions, the system says that it is successfully imported and I can also see the extensions listed in ExtensionManagerListing. However, I can't find it in the system. For example, if the extension contains widgets or resources, I can't find it at all. Moreover, when I tried to uninstall, it shows an error pop-up saying that "Extension Package deletion failed: Unable to Invoke Service DeleteExtensonPackage on PlatformSubsystem: null"

I tried 2 extensions from PTC, custom widget and CSV parser. Both extensions give the same result.

I am using ThingWorx 9.0.1-b103

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @evanfebrianto ,

Per we discussed in support case C15564069, this issue is not reproducible at our side on TWX 9.0.1.

I am able to import, use, find the extensions in the system fine. 

To investigate further I had requested below details from you:

• Per the screenshots, I see you had tried importing CSV parser extension 4.0.1. Could you please try download the extension from PTC support portal for 9.0.x and import again?
  • Also, please provide ThingWorx and Tomcat logs for the day when this issue first occurred(I believe on Sept 23rd) for further investigation.

However, per the case closure confirmation, as a resolution, you have downgraded the TWX platform to 9.0.0 and extensions are working fine there hence please post it here and mark it as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others on the community, thanks

Thanks,

Vibhuti

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @evanfebrianto ,

Per we discussed in support case C15564069, this issue is not reproducible at our side on TWX 9.0.1.

I am able to import, use, find the extensions in the system fine. 

To investigate further I had requested below details from you:

• Per the screenshots, I see you had tried importing CSV parser extension 4.0.1. Could you please try download the extension from PTC support portal for 9.0.x and import again?
  • Also, please provide ThingWorx and Tomcat logs for the day when this issue first occurred(I believe on Sept 23rd) for further investigation.

However, per the case closure confirmation, as a resolution, you have downgraded the TWX platform to 9.0.0 and extensions are working fine there hence please post it here and mark it as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others on the community, thanks

Thanks,

Vibhuti

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:vangne)

Hi @evanfebrianto.

When you did the import, were you logged in as the Administrator--not a user in the Administrator's group?  The Administrator account has special permissions that are not relevant to created accounts even if they are added to the Administrators group.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags