cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

I am trying Thingworx trial installation but it fails

SM_9588025
6-Contributor

I am trying Thingworx trial installation but it fails

The trial version installation fails and does not even keep the logs. I copied the log file just before it failed and it does not show any issues. attached the file. I,m using AWS EC2 with the right configuration and windows 2016 server version. Can someone help.

8 REPLIES 8

Hi @SM_9588025,

Could you please check the following locations for logs ?
${installdir}\installer\logs\

For example: C:\Program Files (x86)\ThingWorxFoundation\installer\logs\
${system_temp_directory}\ThingWorxFoundation_Failed_installs\
For example: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Temp\ThingWorxFoundation_Failed_installs\

Please note that there is a Foundation Windows Installation Guide for this type of installation : https://developer.thingworx.com/en/resources/guides/foundation-windows-install-guide
SM_9588025
6-Contributor
(To:c_lowy)

found the attached logs.

SM_9588025
6-Contributor
(To:c_lowy)

The guide does not help much in troubleshooting

The Thingworx war deployment seems to be failing, or be stuck somewhere.

Are you on a 64-bit OS ? (ThingWorx, including trial version, is only supported on 64-bit operating systems)

Be sure the installation is run under an account with full administrative right

> Right-click the installer file name and select Run as administrator

Hello,

The problem you are experiencing seems to be related to permissions, please make sure to refer to the guide correctly during installation.

BR,

Max

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:SM_9588025)

Hi @SM_9588025.

If one of the previous responses helped you resolve your issue, please mark the appropriate one as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same problem.

Regards.

--Sharon

SM_9588025
6-Contributor
(To:slangley)

None of them helped

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:SM_9588025)

Hi @SM_9588025.

Is this the first attempt at installing the trial, or did you have it running previously?

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags