cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

I can´t import the ThingWorx SDX Extension

djung1
3-Visitor

I can´t import the ThingWorx SDX Extension

Hi guys,

I'm currently using the Thingworx 8.0.0-b11 and I tried to import the SDK Extension as well as the Eclipse Plugin Extension, but with no success.

When I try to validate the extension file, I get the following error:

erro.jpg

And according to the Extension specifications, it should work on the 8.0.0 version.
Any help?

Thanks,

De Hong

5 REPLIES 5
supandey
19-Tanzanite
(To:djung1)

Hi De Hong, it's not supposed to be imported directly. You'll have to configure it in an IDE something like Eclipse and for that you can use the Eclipse Plugin Extension. And using that you'll create extensions which can then be imported in ThingWorx Composer.

You can check the guide for this provided under the Related Content for Extension SDK

djung1
3-Visitor
(To:supandey)

So, in order to create a custom widget extension, for example, I just need to download the Eclipse IDE and then import the Eclipse Plugin Extension directly to it, right? And what about the Extension SDK? Where do I import it? Is it necessary?

And thanks for the reply.

supandey
19-Tanzanite

You'll still need to download and configure the Extension SDK package in Eclipse as that is what's going to be the "playground" in which you will create the Extensions. Because it contains all the required packages and java classes however. The Eclipse Plugin is available to expedite the process of creating new ThingWorx entities for you by providing you the boilerplate sort of scenarios e.g. creating Templates, Shapes etc with some clicks. Once you have it configured you will see something like this

So it is required to setup the Extension SDK, i think this covered quite in detail if you'll check the related content section of the Eclipse Plugin for Extension SDK it has links to all the required docs

djung1
3-Visitor
(To:supandey)

Got it! Thank you, Sushant!

supandey
19-Tanzanite

Glad it helped.

Top Tags