cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

I login Thingworx7.21, but can't see data result from QueryPropertyHistory

ddingchen
1-Newbie

I login Thingworx7.21, but can't see data result from QueryPropertyHistory

mashup is like this pic:

无法访问QueryPropertyHistory.jpg

it is like the user with no access permission. how i can see the issue log, what is the problem? please help!

8 REPLIES 8

Of course, I login as Administrator.

supandey
19-Tanzanite
(To:ddingchen)

Dongfang, is that ValueStream? There are following ways you can check if there are any errors while pulling the data

1. Check for the ThingWorx logs from the Monitoring section

2. Test that service directly to see if it does return the data as expected in the Mashup

3. While viewing the mashup you can enable the trace and see if it shows and information there, (if trace was not enabled when the page loaded, make sure to start the trace and refresh the page)

posipova
20-Turquoise

Do you have a valuestream assigned to the KepDemo thing? Are the property(ies) set to "logged"? If you go to the KepDemo thing -> Services and click "test" button next to the QueryPropertyHistory  - what is the returned result?

Thank you Polina! I have no a valuestream assigned.

The GetPropertyValues service returns the current value of your Thing properties, while the QueryPropertyHistory service returns a list of historic value of your properties, show you how they are changed over time, and these value change history is recorded in a independent entity, a ValueStream as mentioned in Polina's reply.

If you haven't bonded your KepDemo Thing to a ValueStream yet, surely the service will return empty result,

If you have bonded them, then please go to the KepDemo Thing, find out the QueryPropertyHistory service in the service list, execute it with the Test button, make sure it does have meaningful results and then test in the mashup again and update us with the result.

Dear Ryan, Thank you for your patient explanation ! It's very useful.

ankigupta
5-Regular Member

Hi dongfang dingchen​,

As the Red mark is shown in the grid; it indicates that Data is not being retured by QueryProperty history. Normally this happens when Value Stream is not assigned to the Thing.

Next Steps:

Please use following link to create a Value Stream to your Thing: PTC

Add this Value Strem in your Thing.

Then mark some Thing properties as logged as Polina mentioned.

Now make changes to the property to create history.

Now reload the Mashup to see if it works fine.

Dear Ankit, Thank you very much!

Top Tags