cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

I'm getting an error while running thingworxPostgresDBSetup.bat

SamuelRodrigues
7-Bedrock

I'm getting an error while running thingworxPostgresDBSetup.bat

When I run the thingworxPostgresDBSetup.bat script, I am getting the following error:

psql:./thingworx-database-setup.sql:14: ERROR: could not create directory "pg_tblspc/16404/PG_9.4_201409291/16405": No such file or directory
psql:./thingworx-database-setup.sql:16: ERROR: database "thingworx" does not exist
Pressione qualquer tecla para continuar. . .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @SamuelRodrigues.

I just wanted to update this post with the solution we found while working the case.

We found that the thingworx tablespace already existed, so it was deleted.  In addition, the path was updated for the tablespace location in thingworxPostgresDBSetup.bat.  The script was then run from the command line as follows:  thingworxPostgresDBSetup –a postgres –u twadmin –l C:\ThingworxPostgresqlStorage

The script then ran successfully and we were able to proceed with the next step of the installation per the guide.

Regards.

--Sharon

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Hi @SamuelRodrigues.

On which platform are you installing (Windows, Linux, etc.)?

The error indicates the script is unable to create the needed folder structure, which could indicate a permissions issue.  Did you create a folder called ThingworxPostgresqlStorage?

It would also be helpful to know which ThingWorx version you are installing.  The installation instructions for all versions can be found here.

Regards.

--Sharon

Hello, I'm using Windows Server 2016, the thingworx has not yet been installed. I'm in the bdd creation stage at Postgre. Is it necessary to install the thingworx first?
The "ThingworxPostgresqlStorage" folder is created, with all active permissions, and the Windwos firewall is disabled.

Hi @SamuelRodrigues.

I would recommend opening a case or I will be happy to open one on your behalf.  Since you are running into several different issues, that might be the quickest way to address them.

Please let me know if that would be an acceptable way to proceed, and if so, whether you plan to open the case or would prefer me to do so.

Regards.

--Sharon

Hello, it would be very good. You can open the case.

Hi,

What you can check/do is:

- Open script, verify if all the parameters are correct, also verify if the paths are correct and NOT relative, you need to put exact path for tablespace and for the sql scripts that are executed by the bat script.

- To run again script, you need to go in ThingworxPostgres folder and delete all from there

AND

- connect to Postgres database with PgAdmin and delete tablespace from the error, check also any thingworx database, if it was created then delete it.

- Only after this, run again database script.

Hope this helps,

Raluca Edu

Hi @SamuelRodrigues.

I just wanted to update this post with the solution we found while working the case.

We found that the thingworx tablespace already existed, so it was deleted.  In addition, the path was updated for the tablespace location in thingworxPostgresDBSetup.bat.  The script was then run from the command line as follows:  thingworxPostgresDBSetup –a postgres –u twadmin –l C:\ThingworxPostgresqlStorage

The script then ran successfully and we were able to proceed with the next step of the installation per the guide.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags