cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

I want to install two separate thingworx instances on a single Postgres server

soumya-hcl
8-Gravel

I want to install two separate thingworx instances on a single Postgres server

I want to install two separate thingworx instances on a single Postgres server by creating different tablespaces, DB and User names. For these I will change the postgres scripts for creating tablespaces. My platformsettings.json will look like below: Is it possible or ThingWorx will throw errors. If it doesn't throw errors will it be OK as per TWX modelling, data structure. 

TWX1:

PersistenceProviderPackageConfigs": {
"PostgresPersistenceProviderPackage": {
"ConnectionInformation": {
"jdbcUrl": "jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432/thingworx1",
"password": "password",
"username": "twadmin1"

TWX2:

PersistenceProviderPackageConfigs": {
"PostgresPersistenceProviderPackage": {
"ConnectionInformation": {
"jdbcUrl": "jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432/thingworx2",
"password": "password",
"username": "twadmin2"

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
posipova
20-Turquoise
(To:soumya-hcl)

Would it be a prod server or dev? Do you mean 2 instances and postgres all on the same server or just two separate thingworx servers using the same db? If the latter, yes you can do that as long as the resources allow -- not for production.

If the former, that is not a supported scenario and you'll likely run into two fighting tomcat instances.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
posipova
20-Turquoise
(To:soumya-hcl)

Would it be a prod server or dev? Do you mean 2 instances and postgres all on the same server or just two separate thingworx servers using the same db? If the latter, yes you can do that as long as the resources allow -- not for production.

If the former, that is not a supported scenario and you'll likely run into two fighting tomcat instances.

It will be the latter where two different thingworx instances connected with the same db server with two different table spaces like thingworx1 and thingworx2
Top Tags