cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to make the change in the names(Legend names)

SOLVED
Participant

I want to make the change in the names(Legend names)

I want to change the names, at least on the front end. Ensuring this doesn't break any formula or KPI elsewhere.
ST-1> Tank-101
ST-2> Tank-102
ST-3> Tank-103

SP_9715784_0-1610437339388.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: I want to make the change in the names(Legend names)

Unfortunately there is no OOTB property in the pie chart which can replace the legend in the runtime, so if you want a permanent solution you would need to customize the widget. Or else don't change in the base code of the service, if these legends are fixed in value for this particular pie chart, then you can extract the infotable in the service code(take a copy of the service so that it does not impact all places) and then create a new infotable out of that by replacing the column value. For example in the service code you got infotable data where column A values are ST-1,ST-2,ST-3, after this you can create a new infotable with column A where in you can place if-else to replace the column value to desired value. But obviously you have to completely try and test this approach as this might have a limitation on hard coding and replacing the column value.

Thanks,

Mukul Narang

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

If I understood it correctly, there names are your data source for the column mapped in label field and value field of pie chart. For example if you have a column A of infotable data (which is mapped to pie chart) and you have selected to display A in pie chart, then this A does have a value as ST-1,ST-2 and ST-3 in the data source. So you have to change the data source name to reflect those in the pie chart.

Thanks,

Mukul Narang

Hello there, 

Is there any other solution such that I can change the Legends names from the frontend without renaming the InfoTable in the KPI's ..... The Service is connected to the different Pie Charts, I want to change the particular Piechart only...

If I change the Service Infotable names it effects all other PieCharts, which I don't want to do !!, I hope you understood the situation.

Thanks !!

Shashi Preetham

Unfortunately there is no OOTB property in the pie chart which can replace the legend in the runtime, so if you want a permanent solution you would need to customize the widget. Or else don't change in the base code of the service, if these legends are fixed in value for this particular pie chart, then you can extract the infotable in the service code(take a copy of the service so that it does not impact all places) and then create a new infotable out of that by replacing the column value. For example in the service code you got infotable data where column A values are ST-1,ST-2,ST-3, after this you can create a new infotable with column A where in you can place if-else to replace the column value to desired value. But obviously you have to completely try and test this approach as this might have a limitation on hard coding and replacing the column value.

Thanks,

Mukul Narang

View solution in original post

Announcements

Thingworx Navigate content has a new home! Click here to access the new Thingworx Navigate forum!