cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

ISSUE about a SSL Connection Configuration PATH

CHASEONHO
18-Opal

ISSUE about a SSL Connection Configuration PATH

Hi

Trying to install Navigate 1.6.

When accessing ThingWorx with the configuration so far, request the user certificate to Windchill and proceed to LandingPageAccessAppMashup.

However, the design data can not be loaded.

I installed Windchill in a state where HTTPS configuration was not completed.

The guide says that Windchill's SSL (understood as HTTPS configuration) configuration is essential for Navigate installation.

Therefore, we configured Windchill as HTTPS with a self-signed certificate for resolution.

I then reset the ptc-windchill-intergraion-connector.

Previously, we set the base URL to http: // <hostID> / Windchill.

At that time, ValidateConnection returned success.

I changed it to https: // <hostID> / Windchill / sslClientAuth when I set it up newly.

We also added the ssl keystore path and password to ptc-winndchill-intergration-connector-proxy.

The path is <PTC_Windchill> / java / lib / security / cacerts.

However, ValidateConnetion returns a failure.

Even in this configuration, when ThingWorx accesses, Windchill asks for user credentials and goes to LandingPageAccessAppMashup.

Do you have any issues like me?

Or is there anything I can guess about why I'm experiencing this phenomenon?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
barko
16-Pearl
(To:barko)

Since the last reply, we have created additional support articles CS288050 and CS288818 that should help with configuring Windchill Authentication and creatin the keystores/truststores.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi

The keystore should contain the Thingworx keys, not the Windchill keys, and it should be located on the Thingworx server. It is usually named thingworx.jks to help keep them straight. The Truststore should contain only the Windchill certificate, and is usually named windchill.jks. Instructions for creating these are found in Article CS247505, and I have a separate Word document that explains just the keystores (attached). The third party tool KeyStore Explorer has been helpful with creating and exporting various keystore related things.

Bob Arko

Navigate Technical Support Engineer

barko
16-Pearl

Since the last reply, we have created additional support articles CS288050 and CS288818 that should help with configuring Windchill Authentication and creatin the keystores/truststores.

mgoel
17-Peridot

Hi @CHASEONHO

Hope you are doing good. Could you please confirm if the issue has been resolved.

If yes, please mark the answer as accept as solution for the future reference. Thank you in advance.

Regards-Mohit Goel

Top Tags