cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Import of xml file (entities FundamentalsGlobalEntities.xml) failed

PD_9717258
5-Regular Member

Import of xml file (entities FundamentalsGlobalEntities.xml) failed

Hello,

I'm just getting started with my fundamentals ThingWorx class for architects. PTC academy provides a .xml file ("FundamentalsGlobalEntities.xml") which contains  the supporting entities i will use to build an IoT application. It wants me to import the .xml file.

In the attached screenshot you will be able to see the message I receive after hitting the import button.

Does anybody know whats the problem and how to solve it?

Thank you so much for you help

Kind regards

Philipp

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PD_9717258
5-Regular Member
(To:anarwal)

Hey,

i solved the problem. Our Admin didn't give me the rights to do anything but read....

Thank you for your help!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
anarwal
12-Amethyst
(To:PD_9717258)

Spoiler
Hi @PD_9717258 , Could you share the application logs error. You also can check platform-setting.json if import are allowed.

Regards

Ankur
PD_9717258
5-Regular Member

Can you tell me how to find the application logs error? What is platform-setting.json? Sorry for asking stupid questions but I'm completely new to PTC ThingWorx

The only thing I found is "LOGS" in the monitoring section, but it seems to be empty or at least it doesn't open.

2020-11-24 13_23_35-Microsoft Edge.png

anarwal
12-Amethyst

Hi @PD_9717258 , You can search for log on the thingworx installation folder under  <ThingworxStorage>/logs.

Regards
Ankur

PD_9717258
5-Regular Member

Hey,

i solved the problem. Our Admin didn't give me the rights to do anything but read....

Thank you for your help!

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @PD_9717258.

Since you found the solution, please mark your last response as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same issue.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags