cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Importing Edge ADO Service Extension fails

tlichtenberger-
1-Newbie

Importing Edge ADO Service Extension fails

Hey,

I want to import the Edge ADO Service Extension but it fails because it is missing a metadata.xm file.

Any suggestions where to get the missing file?

Additional question: Is it possible to use this extension with a MySQL database as well? Because I want to send data from my database to the Thingworx Platform via HTTP-Requests.

Any help is very appreciated, thank you in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Theresa, ADO service requires to be configured and it can't be imported like an extension, quite recently i wrote about setting up this service you can check this here Configuring the ADO Service for SQL Server DB connection For ThingWorx

I have personally not tried with MySQL as the blog i shared above is concerning the MS SQL Express DB, but you can try just by changing the connection string in the config json, here's the link for connection string syntax for MySQL connection strings - ConnectionStrings.com

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi Theresa, ADO service requires to be configured and it can't be imported like an extension, quite recently i wrote about setting up this service you can check this here Configuring the ADO Service for SQL Server DB connection For ThingWorx

I have personally not tried with MySQL as the blog i shared above is concerning the MS SQL Express DB, but you can try just by changing the connection string in the config json, here's the link for connection string syntax for MySQL connection strings - ConnectionStrings.com

Good MorningSushant Pandey​,

I will write a Java Application which sends data from the database to thingworx. I haven't realized that the ADO Service Extension is a sdk.

Thank you as always for giving me the needed input!

Good Morning Theresa, my pleasure and you've got it right it's a service based on the .NET SDK

Top Tags