cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Information about Thingworx runtime license

FAntonio
6-Contributor

Information about Thingworx runtime license

Hello,

I need to license one runtime istance of Thingworx Platform.

I wanted to know what else I need besides the runtime license, if I need to install other licenses for example. I would need a procedure explaining what to do (if this is documented).

P.S. What are the main differences between a Runtime license and a Developer license.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:FAntonio)

Hi @FAntonio.

I assume by runtime license, you are referring to a production instance.  If you already own a production license, you can install as many non-prod instances (dev, test, qa, etc.) as needed.  There is no difference in licensing between the two.

If you need additional production licenses, as Bhawna stated, you will need to contact your Sales rep.

Regards.

--Sharon

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @FAntonio ,

Regarding any query related to license and upgrade, you must contact the sales department.

However, If you already have a sales contract than just go to the support portal and download the license against Device id.

Also, check the linked article:

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS271439

Regards

Bhawna

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:FAntonio)

Hi @FAntonio.

I assume by runtime license, you are referring to a production instance.  If you already own a production license, you can install as many non-prod instances (dev, test, qa, etc.) as needed.  There is no difference in licensing between the two.

If you need additional production licenses, as Bhawna stated, you will need to contact your Sales rep.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags