cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Install ThingWorx 8.5 in Oracle

seanccc
17-Peridot

Install ThingWorx 8.5 in Oracle

Hi,

The Oracle database is not included in the <<ThingWorx 8.5 System Requirements>>,    Does anyone knows the reason ?   My customer only has Oracle DBA and they want all of the applications which based on relational database , use the Oracle database.  

Regards,

Sean

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:seanccc)

Hi @seanccc.

At this time, Oracle is not supported as a persistence provider but it may be considered for a future release.  The best way to raise awareness of the need for this is to vote for this request that was previously posted on the ThingWorx Ideas board.

Regards.

--Sharon

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

As far as I know, there isn't support for Oracle database for ThingWorx, at least for model and data standard persistence.

@CarlesColl ,

Do you know why oracle is not supported ?   it's just another relation database 

Regards,

Sean

I don't know, it's on PTC hands, they decide. I don't know if there isn't demand, a business decision or whatever. Originally you never needed an additional database license in order to run ThingWorx (first with Neo4J, then PostgreSQL and H2, I think even you can install InfluxDB on your own...), I don't know if that was one of the reasons. Now they are really good friends with Microsoft, and maybe that's way they supported MSSQL and AzureSQL, you know Microsoft it's cool again. On the Oracle side I don't know.

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:seanccc)

Hi @seanccc.

At this time, Oracle is not supported as a persistence provider but it may be considered for a future release.  The best way to raise awareness of the need for this is to vote for this request that was previously posted on the ThingWorx Ideas board.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:slangley)

Hi @seanccc.

If one of the previous responses answered your question, please mark the appropriate one as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Thank you for your participation in our community!

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags