cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install a Free SSL Certificate from Let's Encrypt in Thingworx

Do1
(in response to Do1)

Re: Install a Free SSL Certificate from Let's Encrypt in Thingworx

Please note: When renewing your certificate, you need to use the same password used to generate the initial certificate. Check Tomcat server.xml if you can't remember.

I could install the SSL certificate for Tomcat by following your article. But after that, the remote device can't connect to the server (using C SDK) with error:

TW_VALIDATE_CERT: Certificate rejected.  Code: 20, Reason = unable to get local issuer certificate

twTlsClient_Connect: Error intializing TLS connection.  Invalid certificate

Do you have any clue about this problem ?

Do1
(in response to qngo)

I have heard of this once before from someone else.  I am sorry, I can't be of more assistance, but I believe you may need to update to the most recent version of the SDK.

Please post back here if you figure it out.

Do1
(in response to qngo)

Disclaimer:  These are only suggestions to try and my best guesses.  Quite difficult to provide more accurate response with the information provided.

I believe your issue may possibly be caused by the default configuration of the C SKD requires that your SSL certificate is a EV certificate (Extended Validation Certificate). More details on certificates here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extended_Validation_Certificate

You can try the following in your C SDK implementation: turn of validation by using: tls->validateCert = FALSE;

Also as previously mentioned, make sure you are using a recent version of the SDK.

Hello Duan,

Thanks for sharing useful info. I want to ask question before try it. My thingworx works on windows os instance. If I follow below steps, is it ok for my scnerio?;

1. I will generate certificate on Linux VM with your tutorial,

2. I will copy certificate to Thingworx instance which is windows os,

3. Restart Tomcat,

Regards,

Do1
(in response to Do1)

Hi Burak,

I guess it is likely to work, but it might just be easier doing it in windows.

This might be a good place to start: https://github.com/Lone-Coder/letsencrypt-win-simple/wiki

Please post your experience.