cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Installation problem of ThingworxAnalytics 8.5.12: Failed to validate the thingworx foundation

RC_8716579
6-Contributor

Installation problem of ThingworxAnalytics 8.5.12: Failed to validate the thingworx foundation

Hi

I met a problem when I installed ThingworxAnalytics 8.5.12 on windows. 

After filling all the required information on installation page, I clicked the next button and met the error.123.png

The error I met just like below picture.

321.png

I followed the guide from this url(https://support.ptc.com/help/thingworx_hc/thingworx_analytics_8/#page/analytics%2Fanalytics_windows_installation%2Fgraphic_mode_analytics_server_windows.html%23).

Also I have already confirmed that the thingworx is still running on 140.118.122.115:32522 and get the application key from thingworx. (It shows like below picture)

456.png

I want to ask:

1. How can I solve the error which is described at upper part?

2. Where can I find the java truststore password. (Also, should I fill in with java truststore password from the device which installed the analytical server or the device which installed thingworx?)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@RC_8716579 ,

Thank you for posting your question to the PTC Community.

Regarding Question 1:

Does the CA Cert use a Domain/Hostname instead of the IP address? This issue can occur if the Cert doesn't match the provided endpoint information.

Regarding Question 2:

This is something managed by the end user, and we are unable to assist.

You can check the JAVA Docs for additional information, but please note it may just be the default password "changeit".

I am unable to provide any additional information beyond this. This password is for your local Truststore.

Please let me know if this helps and resolves your inquiries.

Regards,

Neel

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

@RC_8716579 ,

Thank you for posting your question to the PTC Community.

Regarding Question 1:

Does the CA Cert use a Domain/Hostname instead of the IP address? This issue can occur if the Cert doesn't match the provided endpoint information.

Regarding Question 2:

This is something managed by the end user, and we are unable to assist.

You can check the JAVA Docs for additional information, but please note it may just be the default password "changeit".

I am unable to provide any additional information beyond this. This password is for your local Truststore.

Please let me know if this helps and resolves your inquiries.

Regards,

Neel

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:RC_8716579)

Hi @RC_8716579.

If the previous response answered your question, please mark it as the Accepted Solution, for the benefit of others with the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags