cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Installing ThingWorx 9.2 Windows Server 2019 / MSSQL

Ecko665
11-Garnet

Installing ThingWorx 9.2 Windows Server 2019 / MSSQL

Hello, quick installation question.

I am installing Thingworx 9.2 for Windows / MSSQL / and I want to know what the main difference / benefit is between the Platform and Foundation Version of Thingworx for MSSQL Most Recent Datecode installation version?

I have downloaded and installed the Platform version and working through the Java / Tomcat / SQL configurations using the PTC guide for manual installation Method, and I am wondering if using the Foundation Installer <ThingWorx-Foundation-Installer-mssql-windows-9-2-1>would simplify the installation?  This is my first time installing Thingworx and wondering if anyone has some tutorials or updated documentation on the process.

Thanks again,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Ecko665 

Thingworx Foundation comes with an installer exe file, you just have to run it and the tomcat, DB tables etc. are created by installer itself and you only have to set Java environment variables. Whereas when you setup Thingworx using Platform(which is just a war file) then apart from setting Java environment variables you also have to setup and configure tomcat, make changes in platform-settings.json file, run database scripts etc. Basically Thingworx Foundation performs most of the steps which you would have to perform manually if you setup Thingworx using Platform.

You can refer this help center guide and following developer portal tutorial to install Thingworx Foundation.

Regards,

Sachin Sharma

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

@Ecko665 

Thingworx Foundation comes with an installer exe file, you just have to run it and the tomcat, DB tables etc. are created by installer itself and you only have to set Java environment variables. Whereas when you setup Thingworx using Platform(which is just a war file) then apart from setting Java environment variables you also have to setup and configure tomcat, make changes in platform-settings.json file, run database scripts etc. Basically Thingworx Foundation performs most of the steps which you would have to perform manually if you setup Thingworx using Platform.

You can refer this help center guide and following developer portal tutorial to install Thingworx Foundation.

Regards,

Sachin Sharma

Top Tags