cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Is that possible to change 3d Model Viewer Default Camera Position?

ptc-4395015
1-Newbie

Is that possible to change 3d Model Viewer Default Camera Position?

Hi Guys,

I'm using a thingworx extension called 3d Model Viewer, downloaded from marketplace.

I get the model imported and show on the mashup, but the default view position is looking at the bottom of my 3D model and it is very close to the model too, so i can hardly see anything..it will take my like 7 -10 scrolls to see the whole model.

Capture.PNGCapture2.PNG

Is that possible to change the default view position, so it will look nicer like the picture on the right when the mashup just loaded?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

Hello, Liwei Chen.

I looked at the User Guide for that extension and it doesn't show any specific configurable property for this. You might be able to adjust the RotationX, RotationY, and RotationZ properties to specify a different orientation for the model as it loads. Is this something that you have tried?

-- Craig A.

Hi Craig,

Thanks for reply!

I did try change the rotation, but because the view is too close to the model, it doesn't help much, I would still need to zoom out to see the whole view.

Best

Liwei

placatus
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-4395015)

Hey Chen,

You could try to create a scene in https://threejs.org/editor/. In there, you import your model, add a Perspective Camera and save the result using the "Export Scene" option.

Then, you make the 3D Model Viewer in TWX load the exported scene. It will reuse the position of the Perspective camera that you created in the Three.js editor,

Thank you! I will give it a try!

Liwei

Please, which extension should the file be loaded in the widget ? 

Top Tags