cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Is there a stream's limit of entries one can add?

fmanniti
9-Granite

Is there a stream's limit of entries one can add?

Hello, I would like to know an information:

is there a limit of entries I can add to a stream in just one service?
If I want to add one million of entries, for example, there could be any problem?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
CRArko
17-Peridot
(To:fmanniti)

Hello.

I'd suggest reading through this article about tuning the stream process in ThingWorx. It's not so much about a hard limit on number of items as it is about total data size in the stream, and how that can affect performance.

The article also describes parameters that can be adjusted to manage stream performance.

This article may also be useful.

Let me know if this is helpful.

Thanks,

-- Craig A.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
CRArko
17-Peridot
(To:fmanniti)

Hello.

I'd suggest reading through this article about tuning the stream process in ThingWorx. It's not so much about a hard limit on number of items as it is about total data size in the stream, and how that can affect performance.

The article also describes parameters that can be adjusted to manage stream performance.

This article may also be useful.

Let me know if this is helpful.

Thanks,

-- Craig A.

fmanniti
9-Granite
(To:CRArko)

Thank you

fmanniti
9-Granite
(To:CRArko)

So, if I get it right:

maximumBlockSize: Maximum number of queued entries that will be assigned to a single processing thread when flushing to disk
  • ThingWorx default: 2500 entries

would it be correct if I say, for example, that every (let's say) 1000 entries I "wait" for 2 seconds?

Otherwise I don't get what could be the solution.

If I have a huge amount of data (like 1 millions of rows) how can I fill them into the stream

Top Tags