cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Is there a way to create a new service once you have opened a Service for a Thing (DB or JS)

George_B
8-Gravel

Is there a way to create a new service once you have opened a Service for a Thing (DB or JS)

When you first open a Database or JavaScript thing you can create or duplicate services. If you view a service you can't create or duplicate unless you close the Thing and reopen it. I am sure there is a shortcut somewhere i am missing as this is annoying. Using ThingWorx Composer 9.3x

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@George_B 

I have taken a quick look, and I am not seeing the issue. 
Can you please provide the ThingWorx Version.
The only area where I saw anything similar  is if a JavaScript editor is open then you must click the  done button to close the editor.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jensc
17-Peridot
(To:George_B)

Hello,

I don't think I have ever faced this issue.

Are you sure that the thing is in "edit" mode?

Regards,

Jens

George_B
8-Gravel
(To:jensc)

George_B_0-1688066568486.png

In the top image there is a button, "+Add", to create a new service or if a service is selected you can click duplicate.
Once you select a service you can't get back to the +Add or duplicate area unless you close the Thing and reopen it. 

@George_B 

I have taken a quick look, and I am not seeing the issue. 
Can you please provide the ThingWorx Version.
The only area where I saw anything similar  is if a JavaScript editor is open then you must click the  done button to close the editor.

That is the one button I hadn't tried. thank you. 

Top Tags